Thursday, March 7, 2013

Why the Caged Bird Sings


So I recently I went on a trip and decided I needed a book to keep me busy, and instead of a sex novel ( which I have to admit are the best :p ) I needed something with substance. I needed to broaden my horizons and literature on my shelves. Being in college, I feel it would be wonderful if someone were to ask what's the last book you read, I can name something I'm not embarrassed about. While others are naming famous poets, and authors from 1600's all I can say is Dr. Seuss :/ .....not going to work. So being that I recently took up poetry I decided to try Maya Angelou's I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings....and I'm so happy I did because I can't put it down. In every chapter there's a line somewhere that makes me smile or bring some type of emotion....the title itself I can relate to....so as of now she is who I will talk about in those infamous tea talks

Love and All <3,

Lil Bitz

P.S. My reason the Caged Bird Sings

I know why the caged bird sings....its her way to pass the time as she waits to be freed....she sings to show her optimism as only in joy can you hold a tune...and she sings because she knows pain is not even having the option to stare at this glistening moon....and she'll continue this hymn cage or none as it as it shows she knows her blessings are soon to come♥

No comments:

Post a Comment