Its funny how
she sent me to bed last night crying; over what I don’t exactly know
See me and her have an unusual relationship; you’d think it was abusive seeing she has full control
No matter what, when, where, and how I choose to make my decisions
In the end my input doesn’t really matter
She decides if I’ll have a good night sleep and what or if I will eat
It’s up to her to control what I’ll look like,
Whether I’ll end up blessed on my sweet 16 riding in a car or unlucky pushing a bike
It’s her choice to choose which friends will stay and which ones will decide to walk away
See she decides if that sexy guy notices me of if I’ll be stuck with the bum who can’t afford his upkeep
I know, you wonder why I don’t just leave but it’s not that easy
As many times as she’s made me cry
There’s been equal or more times she caught my tear before they fell from my eyes
The same times I felt she was isolating me from the world she’d remind me she was my backbone and one of the reasons I was still going
She stays attached to my waist, in my heart, and my mind; she’s here with me now her name is LIFE
No need for a formal introduction, you know she can be nasty so just play nice
Sometimes I
question how I can be so appreciative of something that can be so cruel and cut
so deep and the next day fondle my soul and taste so sweet
But hey
that’s just one of life’s characteristics that’s why I nicknamed her
Bittersweet
No comments:
Post a Comment